Tuesday 19 March 2019

Sobble: Now in Colour!

With my new yarn I finally remade Sobble, this time in colour!!



He's very cute and I love him very much!! But there's still a few adjustments I'd like to make before sharing the pattern! For one, the "light blue" I got is a lot closer to grey than I thought. It's called Country Blue from Red Heart Super Saver. Still a nice colour, but not quite what I need for this little guy. So I'm ordering some more yarn, this time a colour actually called "Light Blue" that should come in next week (hopefully)! I also want to adjust the eyes. They seem a little too big for the face. I might try just making white circles and embroidering in the blue irises. I dunno, embroidery is still kinda new to me. I tried making a more complicated mouth with the embroidery but I had soooo much trouble...I ended up just making the little upside-down v mouth. I still think that's really cute, so I might actually leave it that way.

When I get the colours just right, I'm gonna try and do an actual good photo shoot, instead of just grabbing quick pictures in my dimly-lit basement. To be honest, I wish the snow in the area would go away, then I could get some cute pictures of him outside in green grass. Considering I live in Northern Alberta, I'll have to wait a couple months for that to happen, haha. I'll probably just use my mom's nice houseplants if I want any kind of nature shoot.

Well, now to just wait for my next yarn shipment...this is turning into a bad habit.


No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a family friendly website, so please ensure that your comments are free from vulgar or hateful language. I reserve the right to remove comments at my discretion.
Learn about how your personal information is used when commenting here.