Friday 28 May 2021

inkypicacrochet's Birds!

Phew! It's been a long time coming, but I finally got all my bird patterns together into an extra pretty PDF ebook: inkypicacrochet's Crochet Birds!

I'll admit, a lot more goes into making an ebook than I thought. I probably could have made it easier on myself if I just published it like I usually do my PDF patterns: with minimal formatting and extra graphics. Sure, I always try to make it easy to read and understandable, but I don't put in extra graphics or colours just to make it look nicer. With this "book," I wanted to make something that felt more cohesive and almost ready to publish tranditionally. I'm not going to be doing that, obviously, but I wanted it to get that feel.

That left me with trying to use my extremely-limited graphic design sense to add some extra flair to each page. For example, this one near the start of the book, where I go over all the abbreviations I'm using:

I'm pretty proud of the result, even if it doesn't really meet any uber-professional standards. If you'd like to see for yourself, check out the ebook's page on Ravelry. I'm selling it for only $5 CAD. The book includes all 8 of my current bird patterns, which you can see for free here.

To be extra clear, the patterns included are of four keychains: Cardinal, Yellowthroat, Kingfisher, and Robin; and of four coasters: Chickadee, Magpie, Waxwing, and Swallow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a family friendly website, so please ensure that your comments are free from vulgar or hateful language. I reserve the right to remove comments at my discretion.
Learn about how your personal information is used when commenting here.