Wednesday 29 May 2019

The Start of a Sobble Army!


I'm really hoping to attend a convention for the very first time! I've never been to one, even as a regular attendee, so it definitely feels like a big leap forward to apply for the Artist's Alley! While I wait with bated breath to see if my application is successful, I'm madly crocheting Sobbles to build up some stock!
Luckily, crochet helps soothe my nerves. I've been worrying over how much to make, what price to set, whether people will even like them... I don't have any friends who crochet and sell at cons for advice. Even though my friend who's gonna table with me has gone to cons before, she sells some really beautiful art prints - obviously a bit different from crochet items!

I'm the type to agonize over details, so the months leading up to the con are gonna be quite long! At least I've got my cat Twilly to help calm me down! Speaking of which...


She's usually pretty elusive, finding some spot to sleep all day, but somehow the moment I set up to take pictures she's there! This time I had a box with me, so it was a slam dunk for her. For some reason she doesn't really care much for the crochet parts - she ignores yarn unless it's dangling in her face - but put a piece of paper down for a background and she HAS to lie down on it. Place a box, and she must be in it.

I can't wait to fill the box up with more amigurumi so that she can't sit in it any more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a family friendly website, so please ensure that your comments are free from vulgar or hateful language. I reserve the right to remove comments at my discretion.
Learn about how your personal information is used when commenting here.